As I sit here, I am thinking about how to be able to pray for someone with healing when I have never went through their pain. Isn’t it that pain reaches pain, because it helps gives a compassion and understanding? Can you have compassion without understanding? And when I say understanding I mean without experiencing such a thing. I guess in my mind if the heart is healed, and love is shown and received, then all healing freedom will come.
2 sam. 1-5: Its funny how much when we are hurting that we often listen to people around us and let them guide the reality of what we know to be true. Some times what we perceive as truth is not reality in someone else's mind or heart, whether it be a friend, son/daughter, or a stranger. This in turn leads us to sometimes in pain listen to falseness and make choices to cause pain to those who have only befriended us and loved us. Whether it be someone we have been close to, or whatever, pain will cause us to make wrong choices, it will cause us to attack others, it will cause us to become jealous, it will cause us to fight against sometimes the only friends or family we know. Pain is a hard hurt, but it’s a matter of who you will turn to, who you will receive comfort from, who you choose to be community. Pain can be healed.
Written: February 7, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment