Tonight as I sit here, my heart is breaking over the way so many have fallen away and given themselves back to their old lusts, or have been taken captive by the enemy's bondages. I have lately learned of many who have fallen back into sexual sin, lebiasim, or have just compromised in so many ways...my heart breaks at the thought of this and the brokeness that the church-our brothers and sisters are in. But even as i write this i am one who is no different. I have my own struggles, my own bondages that try to take hold of me and bind me...sometimes I end up giving in and sometimes I fight. But through it all, I hear God saying, "My child, why do you keep turning to things that will only leave you temporarily sastisfied? Why do you keep resorting back to the things of old, instead of trusting Me for things that are new? Why do you fall back into old hurts, ways of thinking, bondages instead of living in the healing, mindset, and freedom I have offered you and made available to you at any given moment? You have experienced Me. You know My heart. Yet, you choose your animilistic tendencies over My pure, holy, and untainted ways for you. Will you not see My love for you? My helping and guiding hand? That I have planned and prepared so much more for you than the sin you are living in at this moment?"
It all starts off so innocently, but then before we know it, it controls us and dominates the way which we live. We think we are in control, but this is only a lie. There is only one way to break the cycle, the addiction that seizes our hearts, our life, and makes us captive...the truth...speaking, memorizing, dwelling on the truth that has come to set us free.
So as I think upon this all. I think about those ones who have heard and experienced You, but who at this time lives so boldly today for the sin they are in which is utter lies and ruin. I think about how I am not that far away from such things but because of the conviction of the Holy Spirit and the mercy of our amazing God, I have not been hardened and still have a chance, a hope. That i will not be consumed or live for that which is animilistic but live as a chosen, beloved daughter of a pure and holy God. That through His help and guidance I will be holy as He is Holy.
I can only pray that they know it is not to late. That they will see the open door before it is to late and the door is shut. That there also is still a hope for them if they shall turn and repent and accept the freedom which He paid the price for. All I can do is pray, pray for a true and real encouter with the living and just God. So that is what I shall do...
God, I come before you right now and I ask God that you forgive the sins of Your people. Forgive us for the ways we have turned to our flesh to find sastisfaction and for the way we have fallen into the bondages of satan by not keeping the truth in our sight. Father, forgive us for the way we have let disillusionment and pride keep us from You and the way we have chosen self over You. You are a holy God and there is no other like You. You are just and merciful, redeeming and gracious, but you are also a God of judgement and One who's character is flawless and You shall not let that be compromised. So please come and burn away that which is unpleasing to You, a stink aroma in Your presence. So that there is nothing left but that which is pleasing and honorable to You. God, I thank you for your grace and your relentless pursuit of us. For the beatings of Your heart and that which only comes from You. God, come and have Your way. Break the chains once and for all Lord. In Jesus might name, Amen...
Written: August 30, 2010
No comments:
Post a Comment